DECEMBER 4, 2021 – DECEMBER 6, 2021
This three-day charcoal drawing workshop will include demonstrations as well as individual guidance and feedback. Kate will focus on the importance of placement accuracy, values, edges and textures, and the usefulness of photographic reference.
She will show how she sets up, lights, and photographs a model. Students may also take new reference of the same model but can bring their own if they so desire. The class will start with a demonstration and discussion, then participants will be encouraged to work on their own drawings using the same process. Kate will lend assistance to each and every person.
Currently Kate has one membership level available:
Art Club: Dear friends! Thank you for joining me on this journey!
As a cherished supporter, you can look forward to:
- A new 15-30 minute demonstration video every month (sometimes two videos in a month!). Topics will include things such as: how to tone paper, creating a piece from start to finish, experimentation, content on taking reference, inspiration and how to utilize it, etc.
- Supply review video! Each month, I will be reviewing a certain art supply. Testing and demonstrating what I like (or don't like) about them in an extra video!
- Life updates, studio/cooking/dog/crow/squirrel videos, things that inspire me. This tier will be a bit more personal in both what I'm working on and who I am.
- Voting! You will also be able suggest subjects for me to make in upcoming videos.
- Q&A videos! In this tier, you can send me questions that I will address and speak on in the next month's extra videos or posts.
- Recipes! (I have a love of cooking and baking, so sometimes it'll be a sweet treat and sometimes it'll be savory!) Photos/videos with recipe included.
- Photos of upcoming projects before they are publicly spoken about
- Access to behind-the-scenes images
- Access to full content (all videos, behind-the-scenes and work in progress images, first look at upcoming projects, etc)
Private Online Classes and Critiques to Artists of all experience levels!
2 hour personalized live demonstration with discussion. After the demo, Kate will email you images of each step along with explanations of the techniques she is utilizing. Your "homework" will be to complete a drawing using this method and either the reference Kate uses, or your own. Option for an additional 1 hour critique and discussion following the completion of your piece.
Weekly/Biweekly sessions are available, but limited.
- $200 for private demo
- $50 per 30 min critique
(maximum 2 hours)
- $100/hr additional private online lesson