This month, we are hosting a Draw/Paint this in Your Style Contest with Trekell Pro Team Artist Glenn Arthur.
Glenn Arthur is a California native and self-taught artist who spent his youth fervently drawing and sketching, yet did not come into painting until his late twenties when a friend forced a paintbrush into his hand and said, “You need to do this!”
His work is a delicious blend of the past and the present; heavily influenced by pinup illustrators, the Art Nouveau movement, Victorian and Rococo aesthetics and modern graphic arts. A touch of whimsy and a splash of the macabre can always be found in his work and every piece is lovingly punctuated by one of his signature hummingbirds.
Glenn currently resides in the Bay Area. His paintings and drawings can be found exhibited around the world.
For this contest, we are asking artists far and wide to recreate Glenn’s piece, “Extra Celestial”, in their own style using any drawing or painting method or medium. Once your piece is complete, post it to Instagram with the hashtag #trekellxarthur for your chance to win one of Glenn’s Limited Edition Brush Sets.
Like many artists, Glenn started exploring the world of painting with little to no knowledge of what products would be most helpful to him. Trial and error was the name of the game until he discovered Trekell’s paint brushes. He feels that the excellent quality and huge variety of our brushes gives him confidence knowing that he’ll always have the right tool for the job.
For that reason, Glenn has compiled his favorite Trekell brushes to create his new Limited Edition Brush Set. This 7-piece brush set features maroon, gold and black, short handle brushes. These synthetic Golden Taklon and Protégé brushes work with all media and come with a sticker.
Glenn feels that Trekell is an art supply company that truly cares about lifting up artists and providing them with the highest quality tools and support along their journeys. It’s been nearly a decade since he’s been using Trekell’s art supplies and he plans to use them for decades to come. We look forward to watching Glenn’s future unfold!
How it Works:
Once the entry period is closed, Trekell Pro Team Artist Glenn Arthur will choose a winner or multiple winners and that person(s) will receive a Glenn Arthur Limited Edition Brush Set (retail value $74.99). We will announce the winner(s) of the prize on May 21st. Post your entries using hashtag #trekellxarthur each day.
We can’t wait to see your art based on Glenn Arthur’s “Extra Celestial”. Please join us and fellow artists in a show of creativity and inspiration, and best of luck to everyone!
Rules & Regulations:
How to Enter:
- Recreate Glenn Arthur’s “Extra Celestial” in your style
- To submit your entry, post your piece on Instagram from May 5th-20th, using #trekellxarthur and tag @trekell_art_supplies
- Glenn will choose the winning piece(s) of art from the Instagram posts. Winner(s) will be announced on 05/21/2021.
- The winner(s) will receive a Glenn Arthur Limited Edition Brush Set (retail value $74.99).
Please read the rules below prior to entering this contest.
Official Contest Rules:
- Winner(s) will get a Glenn Arthur Limited Edition Brush Set (retail value $74.99).
- Start date 05/05/2021 - end date 05/20/2021.
- Winner(s) will be chosen based on skill and creativity.
- Winner’s name(s) and image(s) will be posted in our Instagram feed, and on our website (located +here).
- Winner(s) should contact us to claim their prize(s) using one of the following methods:
https://www.trekell.com/pages/contact-trekell or Instagram direct message Trekell.
- This challenge is worldwide.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- By entering our contest with your image under the hashtag #trekellxarthur, you are giving us (Trekell) the right to use your image on our website
- Instagram Community Guidelines:
- No purchase or personal data collection necessary.
- This art challenge is not endorsed or sponsored by Instagram.
- Void where prohibited by law.