Just like a blank sheet of paper to a writer, a substrate is the foundation for every artist's masterpiece. Even before you choose your primer or your medium, you must choose your panel. Thankfully, we here at Trekell pride ourselves in offering a variety of substrates. From Baltic Birch to Hardboard to Aluminum Composite… we have a panel for you.
Sometimes, nothing beats the basics. Whether raw or gesso primed.
- ¼” – 1 3/4” Thick Baltic Birch
- Highest Quality - B/BB Grade
- Available in a variety of raw & prepped options
- Available in a variety of shapes & sizes
- ½” and ¾” have keyholes in the back for hanging vertically and horizontally
- Can potentially warp
- Has wood grain that has to be taken into consideration for your composition
Trekell Hardboard Panels are sturdy, durable, & reliable. When you need the least amount of flex from your surface, it’s the only answer. However, while these boards are known for their firmness, they never feel bulky.
- ⅛” - 1 ⅝” Tempered Hardboard
- 1/8 " Ideal for Plein Air
- Affordable Option
- Not as sturdy as Baltic Birch or Aluminum Composite
- Corners will be damaged if dropped
The future is now and it's our Aluminum Composite Material panels. Two sheets of coated aluminum and one sturdy hunk of polyethylene provide the skeleton for a 1/8"-thick panel that's equal parts strength and beauty.
- 2 sheets of coated aluminum, polyethylene core
- 1/8" thick
- Durable and not easy to damage
- Ideal for Plein Air
- Doesn’t soak up paint like other substrates
- Doesn't need to be sealed before priming
- Can bend
- Is a newer substrate on the market so not as much is known about its long-term durability
Try one of our Baltic Birch, Hardboard, or Aluminum Composite panels today!